future projects

l'm in the middle of plenty of projects; I post this blog entry to reveal a little information on what I'm working on.

The Zero Project was started in order to provide a modern operating system with highly graphical user environment and application software. I shall proceed by introducing some of the sub- and side-projects.

Zero Kernel

The kernel has its roots in Unix-like kernels. I started the project from scratch around 2004 or so. Parts of the source base have been borrowed or re-engineered from parts of other systems and websites; I would like thank the FreeBSD Project as well as Lockless Incorporated, especially for the ULE Scheduler from the former and Articles Section from the latter. As a person, I thank Craig Robbins for his work and help with our code.

libzero is a support library I use with both my kernel and user programs. It consists of a collection of routines for pseudo-random number generation, synchronization primitives and other early support for an implementation of POSIX as well as C Language threads. There's also early support for some reusable implementations of certain basic data structures, some with lock-frew synchronisation techniques.

libzero provides the programmer certain parameters of the underlying machine architecture, e.g.

libzero example <zero/param.h> support

I shall split libzero into a few subdirectories in the hopes of making it easier and more logical to navigate the source code.

libzero roadmap file has a bit of status information of some code modules in the library.

Zero games directory hosts mostly ideas with some code for computer games.

zero core war is a playable implementatio of an old, simple instruction set of the game Core War.

My favorite one of the game ideas might be the roguelike Mjolnir.

More information on my projects to follow soon. :)

Comments

popular